Advocare 24 Day Challenge – Day 1

March 20, 2012

I blame The Pioneer Woman.

As soon as I found her cookbook, I started cooking big again. By “big”, I mean, big quantities, big hunks of meat, big blobs of butter.

As I began cooking big, my thighs began following suit. Big.

Ok, I know it’s not really The Pioneer Woman’s fault. I was the one tossing the butter in the pan willy-nilly and then eating it all. But it’s my blog, and I can do what I want, so I blame her.

Today I started the Advocare 24 Day Challenge.

And YOU get to follow along as Jimmy and I take this challenge on. Whoo-hoo!

I will be honest and post the good and the bad (if there is any) of this program.

Are you ready? Let’s do this!

First: OmegaPlex soft gels. I will be taking two of these, twice a day with meals. Not much to say about these. They are an omega supplement. So far there are no “fishy burps” with them. (Don’t look at me like you don’t know what I am talking about…)

Next is Herbal Cleanse. This is to be mixed in 8 ounces of water and downed quickly. The downed quickly is my own add on. The reason I added that is because if you are a “sipper” like me, you may find that after a bit, the drink becomes quite thick. As in chewable. I will be drinking it much faster tomorrow. ;) It tastes fine. Lightly citrus-y, reminiscent of Sunny Delight. The texture is sawdust. Yes, you read that right. Let’s move on. I felt very full for quite a while after drinking it. I drank it at 7:30am and at 10am I forced myself to eat a few grapes and part of an orange. I was THAT full.

The third part of my challenge today is Spark Drink. It can be used 1-3 times a day. I figure I will use it twice a day. In the 24 Day Challenge pack you get two flavors, but when buying it there are many more choices. I have Mandarin Orange and Fruit Punch. I tried the orange first.

My eyeballs are vibrating.

This is a serious energy drink. The taste is better than other energy drinks on the market in my opinion. It doesn’t have that funky aftertaste and dude, it works. I am pounding out this post like a boss.

I’ll check in again in a few days and let you know how it is going.

Mommy Rambles was generously provided with two 24 Day Challenges by Advocare to review. Thoughts and opinions are all my own.

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

1 advocare 24 day May 8, 2012 at 1:54 am

Furthermore, the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge is only to assist you in losing weight; however, it is still you who will make a decision and effort to obtain that perfect body. Moreover, AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge is a World Class Nutrition Company that is life-changing. It helps people look better, feel better, have extra energy, and lose weight and not a magic pill that could grant you a perfect body overnight. Therefore, keep in mind that hard work will still be the key factor to make that dream of having a fit body comes into reality.

2 Traci May 14, 2012 at 6:57 pm

Just to be clear, you2 started with 2 omegas in the morning on day 1? Those do not come in until the 2nd part of the cleanse…. You can do a spark 1st thing, your clease drink and then your breakfast. I was just letting you know not until day 11 you start those in the program :)

3 Holly July 10, 2012 at 10:00 am

I’m sorry to be the barer if bad news Traci, as a distributor for Advocare she did the first phase correctly!

Days 1-10 Cleanse Phase
The first ten days are about cleansing your body of toxins and preparing for optimal nutrient absorption, and you may enjoy weight loss as well!*

Herbal Cleanse-Citrus: helps to cleanse and detoxify your body.*
OmegaPlex®: essential fatty acids for increased overall wellness.*
AdvoCare Spark®: nutritionally-advanced energy*

4 Dawn May 17, 2012 at 8:05 am

Just wondering how the 24 is going???

5 Dawn May 17, 2012 at 8:11 am

I’m getting ready to start the 24 and wondering if u had any tips??

6 Angie M. June 16, 2012 at 11:31 am

‘My eyeballs are vibrating’ You are too funny! I’d love to hear more about your experience with the 24-day cleanse. It’s certainly over by now. How did it go?

7 Holly July 10, 2012 at 8:09 am

I took the 24 day challenge and lost an amazing 9 lbs and 10″ 4 of which were in my hips!!
I liked the program so much I be came a distributor! I am officially on day one of the 2nd – 24 day challenge and can’t wait to see what I can accomplish this round!

In 12 weeks time with the help of Advocare I have lost a total of 25 lbs and 26″ and calculated body fat 8.2% I am now out of the OBESE category and int he slightly over weight cat! Well on my way to the FIT category!!

and the Spark I didn’t get the jittery “vibrating eyeball” effect I rather like the effect of the spark vs the one I used to get with coffee! With coffee I always felt bloated, and tired but shaky and just plain ole BLAH!!! with spark one 8oz glass and I am goo for the day, and clear on through my evening work outs!

8 cathy July 24, 2012 at 6:49 pm

HI GIRLS,

SO MUCH GOOD INFO HERE. I STARTED FOR THE FIRST TIME MONDAY (7-23-12)
IM SO TIRED AND A LITTLE CONFUSED ON WHAT AND WHEN TO TAKE EVERYTHING
ON WHAT DAYS. I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR HELP.

THANKS

9 Holly July 24, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Hey there,

The first 10 days are a little confusing in the box of cleanse there should be a folded pamphlet use that and check off to keep track!

Days 3 & 4 are rough but wait till day 5!

10 Dave July 29, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Another pyramid scheme

11 Christina January 28, 2013 at 2:49 pm

Thanks for a great blog! I have a friend who is doing the advocare 24 day right now. The same time he started I decided to clean up my diet for 24 days and see what results I would get – especially because a big part of the Advocare challenge is cleaning up your diet. Anyway, Im on day three now and I feel great! If you want to read about it, I’m blogging about it on : http://www.comfortcruncher.blogspot.com

Once again thanks for a great blog!
Christina

12 Jill Champlin July 5, 2013 at 5:40 pm

First of all in the spirit of full disclosure, I’m an AdvoCare Advisor, but I’d like to point anyone who read Simple Dave’s post “Another Pyramid Scheme” to an article, http://www.24day-challenge.com/advocare-faqs/90-is-advocare-a-pyramid-scheme , we wrote to address this misconception. But if you think Thirty One Gifts or TupperWare or Pampered Chef are other Pyramind Schemes then don’t bother reading as AdvoCare is no different than these companies.

Jill

13 Nuvo Cleanse Health July 18, 2013 at 10:32 am

I believe this is among the so much important info for me.
And i’m glad reading your article. However want to commentary on few general things, The site style is ideal, the articles is in point of fact nice : D. Good activity, cheers

14 great garcinia cambogia extract site July 20, 2013 at 9:27 am

Wonderful overcome! I must novice as you fix your website, how will i join for a web site website? This bank account helped me your tolerable bargain. I was a small amount acquainted with this your current send out presented vivid see-thorugh concept

15 homepage July 20, 2013 at 1:51 pm

I know this if off topic but I’m looking into starting my own weblog and was curious what all is required to get set up? I’m assuming having
a blog like yours would cost a pretty penny? I’m not very internet savvy so I’m not
100% sure. Any tips or advice would be greatly
appreciated. Thank you

16 Get Healthy August 4, 2013 at 8:51 pm

Hello there, personally i think i discovered you actually went to my personal blog site so i came to return this choose? . My business is seeking points to develop the website! Perhaps its sufficient to use a just a handful of a person’s ideas!

17 advocare challenge omegaplex August 5, 2013 at 12:33 am

Great get the job done! Which is the form of info that should be provided throughout the internet. Pity to the seek out search engines due to setting the following release top! Occur in excess of in addition to talk to my web-site. Thank you so much Means)

18 advocare 24 day challenge ebay August 5, 2013 at 1:11 am

Howdy, only start seeing your own web site through Bing, determined that must be really useful. We’re just going to be very careful intended for brussels. I’m going to enjoy if you happen to proceed this later on. All kinds of other folks will oftimes be benefited from ones producing. Kind regards!

19 Advocare October 27, 2013 at 7:28 am

Marketing has changed since Grandma and Mothers time.

It’s almost time for College Football Bowl games to start.
They also have already been awarded the DSA (Direct selling Association) Innovation Award back in 2008 and the Education for Life Award in 2002
for their Debt – Busters system.

20 Tahitian Noni November 3, 2013 at 12:17 pm

After receiving information from both PETA and the Physicians Committee
for Responsible Medicine, the American College of Surgeons announced that it would use simulations instead of animals at its training conferences and urge medical schools to adopt non-animal training alternatives.

After this, the next level of the downline will make 5% commissions for the first upline level.
Meanwhile perhaps drinking some Tahitian No – Ni miracle fruit juice would be helpful.

21 Advocare v 100 bowl December 25, 2013 at 5:48 am

I have used Advocare in the past and figured I would share this youtube link with anyone curious.

22 Tanya January 3, 2014 at 9:33 am

Advocare is a scam. They use a horrible pyramid scheme that makes it hard to earn any money. What a horrible experience this was. Plus, I have used the advocare product while I was an advisor, and found them to be less effective than the things I was using before. Stop Bullshitting people. Its and expensive ripoff that doesn’t work half as well as other products.

23 Juli March 25, 2014 at 9:24 am

I totally agree. I purchased a ticket to a training event in IA back in November (event was in January). Advocare has a no refund policy, which I understand, but my ticket never came and I was not able to attend because “no ticket, no entry”. I didn’t even know I was suppose to get a ticket in the mail. Well the ticket did finally show up 6 days later (after event). My bank gave me back my money and Advocare’s bank agreed to refund it, but Advocare waited until I sold some stuff and had a commission check coming and then froze my account and they now refuse to turn over my commission check! SCAM! I always thought their products were great, but after this forget it!

24 where do i buy garcinia cambogia March 20, 2014 at 8:21 pm

An interesting discussion is definitely worth comment.
I do believe that you need to publish more on this subject, it might not be
a taboo subject but generally people don’t talk
about these topics. To the next! Cheers!!

25 root canal Johns Creek October 28, 2014 at 11:19 pm

WOW just what I was searching for. Came here by searching for
Advocare